Friday, August 21, 2009

WNBA-Los Angeles Sparks Game

I love this WNBA logo. Expect Great. So apropos.

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to go to a WNBA game with the whole family. Yep. All SEVEN of us, including the very squirmy-usually-can't-still-for-a-minute-twins. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was the first time taking any of our kids to a professional sports game. I should have paid attention to the logo and not fretted because I had nothing to worry about. Every one really enjoyed themselves.

Especially this guy, who literally couldn't sleep for a few days he was so excited for the game. The Staples Center is right off the freeway, and super accessible, with more than 5 parking lots, so conjestion and parking isn't an issue. Thank goodness.

(this picture does not have the Staples Center in it...just a shot of LA close to the exit.) The inside of the Staples center is really nice, too. Clean. I appreciate clean. Especially since my twins still find unlimited facination in things found on the ground.

I could watch the Sparks practice/play for hours. Literally.
Having never been to a WNBA game, I wasn't prepared for the fluidity and grace in which the professionals played. I was struck by their team work and commaderie, and really appreciated that although the game was intense, it was not tense. I couldn't keep the smile from my face everytime I saw Shannon Bobbitt (5'2") walking alongside some of her taller teammates like Lisa Leslie and Candace Parker (over 6' tall). Watching her weave in and out of the court and Lisa Leslie score repeatedly was a real treat, too.

The Sparks were matched against the Sacrament Monarch's for the second time this season at the Staples Center and it was a closely, closely matched game. The Monarch's went home victorious, the Sparks lost the close game graciously, and I'm pretty sure most of the spectators went home happy.

With the season nearly over, I doubt that we'll get back for another game, but I'll definitely try to go to a game next season. If you'd like to go to a WNBA game before the season ends, click here for specials.




Until next time...... A special thanks goes out to One2OneNetwork for providing my family with this opportunity.

18 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

We went to the WNBA game a while back here in D.C. It was WAY more fun than I anticipated. But, then again, I'm a sucker for stadium food so that might have been the kicker! Glad you guys enjoyed it:)! And, even more glad that your feed seems to be functioning correctly. I was seriously going through Circus withdraw!

Deb said...

i haven't been to a wnba game, but i will say, i have found basketball to be the easiest of all the sports to take the kids to. it's fast paced and there is generally stuff going on during the breaks. the kids don't get "bored" like they do at baseball games (who doesn't?)

Ash said...

What a great experience!! We have yet to take the boys - I think my Oldest would find it too noisy - but your experience has made me think twice.

Glad you guys had fun!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

our hometown played against you guys..amazing that monarchs aren't in one2one ...oh well looks like it was fun for the whole family.

robin said...

I'm sorry, but your family is just gorgeous. Seriously.

THE Stephanie said...

Your family is so cute!! Looks like you had lots of fun :)

Susie said...

How fun is that?

MamabearMills said...

thx for your congrats on the Twisted SIlver Insider! Congrats to you too!!! IT's gonna be so much fun

Kristin said...

I'm not a sports fan, but that does look like fun. LOVE that pic of Garrett, he's a doll!

T Rex Mom said...

Seems like a nice time and a great family outing.

Kristina P. said...

What a great family activity! And you look gorgeous!

Michelle said...

As an ex basketball player I love watching professional b-ball. Actually, I prefer the college level.......ah, but hearing the squeaking of shoes on the court, brings back great memories for sure.

I'm glad you all had a great time. Womens b-ball needs all the support it can get. :)

Amy said...

Looks like a fun time.

sassy stephanie said...

Man. You are one brave and talented mom! I don't know that I could take my THREE, much less FIVE to the game!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Only been to a game once. Looks like you had a "ball."

brunger bunch said...

How fun for your family. The pictures are adorable.

Laura said...

Looks like you had a great time. You are all so tan - do you live in the land of sunshine?

Jenners said...

How fun! You can tell from the photos that everyone is having a great time.