Friday, August 28, 2009

JumpStart on Wii-Review

Mark your calendars! Jumpstart's Pet Rescue on Wii is being released September 1st.

Box Cover

Even though the ESRB (the Entertainment Software Rating Board), has rated Pet Rescue “Early Childhood”) , my older kids (5, 7 and 9) enjoy it as much or more than my preschoolers. {Gasp.} It just hit me. My twins are preschoolers. Anyway, Jumpstart Pet Rescue for Wii features more than 70 learning lessons (don't worry. I didn't count them, Jumpstart supplied me with that information) and activities that teach wild monkeys kids over 75 essential skills they need as they grow. They get to create their own Avatar and then head into one of five "worlds".
Photobucket

I must not be the brightest light on the block though because I still haven't navigated through all of them. I'm kidding. But seriously, there is lots to do in each "world" so I'm imagining that there is HUNDREDS of hours of possible play time here. If the transition between activities was instantaneous, it might be better for me with my time constraints and all. Wait. This game is really for Pre-schoolers. Not adults. Check.

I've been told that navigation through the 5 different "worlds" can improve their (children's) pre-reading skills, memory, creativity, motor skills, and listening. I'm still waiting for the improved listening part, but if there is a chance, I'm all for it.

Photobucket
My seven year old told me that she likes Pet Rescue because "you get to discover lots of things, and you get to explore and it's really fun".

Photobucket

So there you go. She summed up our thoughts.

We like it.

If you'd like to win a copy of Pet Rescue for the Wii, JumpStart is holding a contest of "creativity, cleverness, and downright resourcefulness." You'll want to go here for more details.

15 comments:

Susie said...

I can't wait!!

Dumb Mom said...

Thanks! I've been looking for something #2 can play alone now that #1 is a big-no-time-for-lil-brothers- second grader. Think he would love this since he likes playing all the Jumpstart games at the library!

Unknown said...

If only I had a Wii.....my kids would be in heaven!

kisatrtle said...

wish i had a wii

Anonymous said...

I wanna play.

Justine said...

Sounds like a fun game, even for the slightly older kids!

Justine :o )

T Rex Mom said...

Actually sounds like fun. Guess we need to work on getting a Wii!

Rachel said...

Oh so much better for my 1.5 year old to play than Rockband. ;)

Happy said...

I can't wait to get our family a Wii...maybe this Christmas. Sounds like a great game for it! Do they still call them "games?" I am not really hip to all the new technology lingo.

In any case, looks like fun, looks educational...win/win!

Threeundertwo said...

My kids loved all the jumpstart games on the PC, I bet this franchise is great on the wii.

Congratulations on having twins in preschool!

Unknown said...

I think Kaish would still like this : ) He loves animals. Too bad I can't get our wii to work. I keep reminding Gary.

Hope your sunday is very special with your family Angie : )

Jennifer P. said...

my 5 year old is very, very excited about this post :)

Debra said...

Wow Angie, I have been reading your posts through Bloglines and have not visited your site in a while. YOU ROCK GIRL! You've taken your blog to an entire new level! I am so happy you found an outlet for your passion of writing!! BTW.. LOVE the pool! LOVE the backyard!! It's about time we were back in flip-flops and in the sun. I did not realize how much I missed the sun or how much we really did NOT have much sun in the Mid-West!

girlytwins said...

I REALLY need a Wii!! Very cool. My girls would love this.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Luke might like this...he loves Pet Pals on his Leapster, so he might like this one, too. Sunny and Elle love Pet Pals, too. I love when the twins sing the song...omg, it's so cute!! I'll have to check this one out!