Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rock of Ages Review

Have any of you seen or heard of the Broadway show Rock of Ages?

For those of you that haven't, "Rock of Ages is the new Broadway musical starring American Idol finalist Constantine Maroulis. Set in 1987 in a legendary Sunset Strip rock club, a small-town girl meets a big-city dreamer and they fall in love to the greatest metal songs of the 80's. The musical is an arena-rock love story told through the mind-blowing, face-melting hits of Journey, Bon Jovi, Styx, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Poison, Asia, Whitesnake and more".

In July, New Line Records released the Rock of Ages Original Broadway Cast Recording (it's available in stores now, or you can purchase it from Amazon here).

As you'd expect with any Broadway cast recording, you're getting more than a compilation of songs with the Rock of Ages soundtrack. This particular compilation of songs are mixed and engineered by real life hard rock musicians and producers. They are a compilation of songs that tell the Broadway story, and take us on a fast-paced trip down memory lane. Or, if you're too young to remember the great hits of the 80's, introduce you to the songs that defined the 80's with great energy.

With the purchase of this CD, not only will you get 22 feature songs from the Broadway hit, if you're like me, you'll gain the desire to see the Broadway show, as well.

This review is in conjunction with One2one network.


7 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

I haven't been to a play since my 6th grade class took a field trip to one at the local community college. It was Fiddler on the Roof and I loved it. My parents probably wanted to seal me in my room so they didn't have to hear my horribly bad rendition to If I Were a Rich Man! I'd love to see any play, any where at this point, no need to make it a Broadway show, just a show will do. We should go see this one together. Wouldn't it be a blast?!

Justine said...

Oh wow, I bet this play is fabulous. And I remember Constantine. Hottie, correct?

Justine :o )

Misty Rice said...

We just watched this musical in NYC two weekends ago and LOVED it. Fun, high energy. The girls costumes are very little to nothing, so if you take kids becareful, but a fun one to see.

Brenda said...

I just saw this promoted on The View and now I really want to see the musical. I going to musicals!

jori-o said...

Hmmm...I'm intrigued since I am a BIG FAN of all that 80s rock! I'll have to check it out! =)

Anonymous said...

Hubby and I were supposed to watch that for our Anniversary, but couldn't find a sitter :( It's still on our MUST SEE list!

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]ENTER ON SOFTWARE PORTAL[/url][/color][/size]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFT![/url][/color][/size]

[img]http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/4762671/2/istockphoto_4762671-software-box.jpg[/img]

[size=46][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]OEM SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=24]DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][b]Online vels soft to [/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Buy vels software Mac OS x[/b][/size]
[size=72][b]Buy vels software PC[/b][/size]

http://www.google.com/