Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sears resolution

I'm thinking that you may all be on pins and needles waiting to hear what happened with my washing machine after my last post, in response to the post before that.

I wouldn't want you to lose any more sleep over this (and why wouldn't you? this is laundry were talking here), so here goes:

My washer is fixed, and it works like a charm. Seriously LOVE my washer and dryer. Like LOVE, LOVE them.

I love selecting just the right wash cycle for the load I'm doing, and hearing the accompanying ding. I love seeing how clean it actually gets my kids clothes. And mine. Jeff's too, for that matter. I LOVE having a working washing machine. I went far too long without one.

As much as I love my newly working washer, I'm still a little annoyed that it took two service calls and a replacement of the control panel to get it working the way it should have from the beginning.

Plus, I expected something extra from my "executive" case manager. He didn't come and do my laundry. He didn't offer to take me out to lunch. He didn't even offer me free HE soap. As far as I'm concerned, the time he spent on my case didn't benefit me in ANY way. I appreciate his phone calls checking up on my account, but the bottom line is that my washing machine got fixed on the day it was scheduled to, before I got my senior management "in guy" who I thought would speed up the process.

Next time I have an executive case manager taking care of me, I hope I actually get something out of the deal. Like my clothes washed for a year. Or a gift card for like 500 bucks to my favorite restaurant. Or a new washer that works. I don't think my wants are very out of line. I just don't understand why they didn't think of these themselves. :) You know?


18 comments:

scrappysue said...

that's good news, and so sad about the no free lunch - how dare your case manager not want to take you out to lunch!!! hehe - there's nothing like clean clothes. i hope i have a similarly successful resolution to my itunes problem!

Justine said...

Well damn, the least they could have done was wash all your piled-up laundry! Man, it sure took them long enough! but, at least it's finally fixed, and now you can press those buttons until you're feeling orgasmic.

Justine :o )

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I can't believe they didn't do anything for you. And really...I can't believe that some detergent company has not paired up with a washing machine brand. I think that if a decent sized bottle of Tide HE came with my washer, I might be more inclined to buy Tide...

Casey's trio said...

Well I'm glad to hear you have working appliances....the "extras" would have been nice though!

Rhonda said...

I'm glad your machine is working again!

Unknown said...

i am happy your washer got fixed and i am sorry your case manager wasn't better prepared...cute post!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie! With the size of our families, washing machines have a short life span :) We finally replaced ours about 2 years ago with the hugest front load washer and dryer. I am very glad that yours is working again. If you miss a day - It takes a week to catch up :D
Take care, and I hope everything else is well!!
Blessings~ Danielle Wycough

T Rex Mom said...

What they should have done was offered to fold a couple of those loads of laundry. That's the time consuming part!

Well, onward (with nicely clean clothes)...

Dumb Mom said...

Wonder how much they pay that executive case manager to waste time?! Wonder if they are hiring?! Glad you got your washer fixed, wouldn't want you to be all stank and standoffish when we meet in a couple of months. Now I'll feel free to run right up to you and give you a hug (and possibly a soul kiss, but don't want Mama Kat to be jealous). Actually, how about this... I'll give soul kisses all around? It works for the Bachelorette, so why not for me?!

thatgirlblogs said...

perfect! I will be dropping my laundry at your door from now on ;)

just stole your button, did you feel it?

Ed & Jeanne said...

You can always send him a bill for your time he consumed...

Jen said...

yeah now you are talking. :)

Theta Mom said...

That's so lame they didn't do anything more for you...it figures, right?
Following you on twitter and I finally had the chance to check out your blog! LOVING IT! I am now following here as well. :)
My google friend link isn't working, so you can find me at http://www.thetamom.com

jori-o said...

Ahhhhh...sigh of relief! There is nothing better than doing those first few loads of laundry after you haven't been able to for a significant amount of time!

Darla said...

Sounds similar to our washer...I love, love ours too! Such of a relief to have it working!!!

Mark and Kiss said...

Yeah for awesome washing machines, boo for all the trouble!

girlytwins said...

That's the least they could have done :) happy to hear it's working like a champ now!!

THE Stephanie said...

I totally agree!! You should have gotten something of this... something!!!