Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween in West Linn

Reasons I love Halloween in West Linn.......

*No one charges admission to their haunted houses because to do so means it has to have been inspected and given a permit.

*When we go to another neighborhood trick or treating because it is less hilly than ours I can ask a random home owner if it's possible to come into their house to use the restroom when someone has to go, NOW.

*When Jacob got left behind the group he was with and I came upon a thoughtful group of strangers asking "who lost a cowboy?" I didn't freak out.............too badly.

*The weather is usually moderate.........not too cold, not too warm.

*And best of all.............they give out GOOD candy. If I had received a bag full of the "premium" candy my kids got as a child, I would have been blissfully happy for months.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No pictures? ;-)

Casey's trio said...

Sounds like you live in a really nice community! Especially using the restroom! I'm waiting for some pictures of your circus all dressed up too:)

Claremont First Ward said...

they're coming.......promise!

Laura said...

Sounds fun.. waiting on the pics too! Always an adventure!

Shannon said...

So nice to feel so secure and welcomed! We feel the same in our little neighborhood. Nothing compares to feeling that your kids are safe and sound. Especially as they get older and wander alone like my Jack!

AutoSysGene said...

I can't tell you how many times I said 'I love this neighborhood' to SnoreMan yesterday! Loving where you live makes things like Halloween and Christmas even more fun!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Kristin said...

Don't you love small(er) towns?

jeremiahrjones said...

Wow, trick-or-treating around our apartments was sedate enough, but when I took the kids up into the Greendale/Burncoat area--yikes!

I'm glad that you got your cowboy back. I was actually asking people if they'd like my pirate or cat. (Okay, I was thinkin' it though.)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I'm moving to West Linn. You wouldn't mind me and my crazy kids and our pack of dogs, would you? (there goes the neighborhood!)