Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Favorites anyone?

Mama of 6 published this list on her blog, Truly Delightful in Every Way, and although I usually hate this sort of thing, I liked the festive feel of it. Not surprisingly, as I was answering the questions, I realized I'm really kind of a hum bug. I'm super interested in your answers though. So, leave a comment or publish on your blog. Let's spread the fun.

So, here are the questions and my grinchy answers:

1. Favorite winter beverage? hot cider
2. Fave Christmas candy? See's chocolates, nuts and chews only
3. Fave candy cane flavor? color? not a candy cane fan
4. Favorite christmas cookie? good old oatmeal chocolate chip
5. Favorite Christmas song? to sing? to listen to? Silent night to listen to, Rudolph to sing with my kids.
6. Fave Christmas movie? The Christmas Story
7. Fave christmas story? the story of Jesus' birth
8. Fave christmas colors? red
9. actual color scheme for your decor? mostly traditional red and green, but I did decorate one tree in silver, turquiose, magenta, orange, green and blue.
10. Fave christmas tradition? as a kid? with your own family? opening one gift on Christmas Eve after dinner and family program.
11. Tree topper? star? Angel? other? angel
12. Christmas lights display?your house? to drive by? small bulbs? large bulbs? white? multi colored? simple? Griswald? simple. small. white.
13. fave holiday icon collection?? Santa? nativity? snowmen? Fenton nativity and Santa Clauses


13.5. Christmas card? letter? picture? last year I did a card and picture. This year? who knows.
14. what is more fun for you White Elephant? or Draw secret Santa names? Secret Santa
15. Holiday budget? extravagant or low budget? what do you wish it was? moderate
16. Tree? real or fake? prelit ? Green or flocked? REAL and green.
17. best gifts are? homemade? or store bought? both. Depends on what it is. I don't want say a homemade DVD player or IPOD.
18. which is better in your opinion? surprises galore? or being sneaky and peeking? PEEKING. PEEKING, and more PEEKING.
19. do you do thank you cards for christmas gifts? I try to, but sometimes I just don't meet that goal. I do think thank you cards should be sent though.

9 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

I think I might post this tomorrow on my blog. It was very fun to read! :)

AutoSysGene said...

LOL! I keep threatening to do this on my blog, too. I'll get around to it soon.
LOL! I don't think that I would want a homemade DVD player either.

Casey's trio said...

I didn't think you were "scroogy" at all! I'll try to do this on my blog over the weekend.

Shannon said...

Just did this one on mine. I love this time of year and ALL that goes along with it! Your answers don't reveal a humbug at all!

Laura said...

Your not scrooge. In fact most of my answers are the same as yours! Love the pics you included too!

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok i love love nuts and chews too anything else is so not fabulous! and love the pictures! you get a gold star for that! EXTRA cool for sure! totally not bah humbug either. and i am such a peeker.

thanks for the Portland tips , it wasn't as cold as i thought it would be, and we saw Multnoma Falls today! and the rain followed us home to AZ, yikes!

Megan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love that Fenton Nativity set. I will have to add that one to my list.

Brooke said...

I can't believe you already have your Christmas stuff up. I had great plans to get it all up this weekend, but that didn't happen and Saturday is almost over. Oh well, there is always next week...

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

That was fun! I still am trying to catch up... we'll see if Iget to it.