Saturday, October 10, 2009

Harry Connick Jr.


Have you seen the recently released album Your Songs! by Harry Connick Jr. yet? It was released on September 22nd by Columbia records and contains a collection of classic songs by other iconic musicians performed by Harry, which means a full jazz big band and string orchestra.

Album Tracklisting (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
Besame Mucho
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
As you can see from the tracklist titles, this jazzy collection with Harry Connick, Jr.'s signature sound has a very romantic feel. When I listened to the album it made me want to cozy up on the couch with my honey.
I give the album two thumbs up.

If you'd like more information on the delicious Harry Connick, Jr., visit his website.

A copy of Your Songs! was sent to me with compliments by One to One Network for review.

16 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I love Harry Connick Jr. Thanks for the review! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Tamara said...

I love Harry Connick Jr. and I love all those songs on his new album. Can't wait to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. I now have a new item to add to my wish list!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I LOVE Harry, as a singer and an actor!!!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

He is quite the charmer. (with the exception of his role in P.S. I Love You - kinda dorky, but funny.) What a playlist. I'll have to look this up on itunes. Thanks for the review.

Justine said...

Okay, I'm not a huge music lover, but I used to listen to Harry years ago. And one thing I will say for him, aside from his stellar talent? He's HOT!

Justine :o )

Rhonda said...

That sounds awesome.

ACK! I just noticed the comment above me saying she is not a huge music lover. HOW can that be? Doesn't everyone remember bits and baubles of their life according to song? Can there really be a persona alive who doesn't need music on 24/7? Wow.

And how totally sweet is it to get free stuff to review?? Feel free to make a copy for me and bring it to Vegas in FIVE DAYS!!!

Woot woot!

Evonne said...

He is an awesome singer and actor! He sang the National Anthem at the Steelers home opener and did an awesome job!

DiPaola Momma said...

Oh isn't he dreamy? He's like honey, wrapped in caramel and coated in sexy! I've already added this to my list of hubby PLEASE buy me things!

Eliza Welch said...

http://bit.ly/QodEB

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I've never heard anything he sings..I'd be interested in hearing it though!

Bonnie the Boss said...

LOve me some Harry! Almost as much as some Micheal! They both have a new album out, is it my birthday or something?

cat said...

I 've loved Harry for years!

Rebecca said...

Agreed. What a great album.

Swirl Girl said...

I fell in love with Harry in the 80's when he did the sound track for When Harry Met Sally...(i think).

He's just dreamy!

Lula! said...

Harry is one of the very few artists (Simon & Garfunkel, The Beatles, Van Morrison, and Muse being the others) whom I can attest to owning every single album ever released. Even stuff from when he was a boy...or his "20" album, from when he was...yes, 20!

Yes. My iPod is full of Harry. All of Harry's music. His first Christmas CD (from the early 90's) is hands down my 2nd most favorite in the world. Only Vince Guaraldi's soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas ranks higher for me.

I love him. I love him so bad.

Unknown said...

I heart him!