Thursday, October 01, 2009

Are your eyes watering?

Mine are.

And I'm guessing yours would be too if you could smell my house. And me, for that matter.

No. It's not onions. I actually wish it were.

It's smoke. As in, smoke-that-is-in-my-house-as-a -result-of-my-twins-trying-to-burn-it-down.

It's my fault though, so I can't blame them.

I took a shower AND attempted to blow dry my hair without checking on them.

I guess they got hungry and decided to make their own breakfast.

Toaster waffles.

Only..........................

Only..........................

They popped and then re-popped those suckers until they were on fire.

Don't worry. No one is hurt. I've got a house full of smoke and two hungry boys (the waffles obviously didn't look very appetizing burnt to a crisp), and yet another example that proves my very unscientific theory.

No one knows real excitement and adventure until they become a parent.

32 comments:

Insomniac Mummy said...

Yikes! Glad everyone is OK!

Kids hey?

:)

Life with Kaishon said...

Oh my gosh that is SO funny. Although, I am sure it is not as funny if you are living in a smoke filled house... : )

You are going to be working all day for the next four weeks. What is the world coming to Angie! You have to stop this immediately, or your husband is going to expect it constantly : ) We can NOT work every day : ) at least that is what I keep telling Gary. And he keeps telling me to get on with it and GET TO WORK : ) If only he would listen!

Kelly said...

I agree. Totally.

T Rex Mom said...

Yikes - scary! So glad everyone and everything is alright.

Yes, parenting is an adventure!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

As Professional Microwave/Toaster Burner, i can tell you the smell will go away in a couple of days. Luckily it was at home. When you burn something at work, it last much longer.

Honey Mommy said...

I have to check on my 1 1/2 year old constantly! In my house, quiet is NOT a good thing.

Kristin said...

It was bound to happen sooner or later... I'm just surprised they weren't playing with matches, I mean, trying to make toaster waffles? I thought they were mischievous! ;)

BoufMom9 said...

OMGOSH! That would be why I shower when they are sleeping... those very fears... fire or drowning in the pool. UGH!

I bet your house smells "tasty". UGH!

Glad everyone is ok!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Pretty scary until you said all is ok. Now, it's a little funny. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I lived closer I'd come on over and make those little crescent bites for ya :)

T~T said...

oopps!!

my daughter did this during the summer once - she didn't burn anything though - but I was a bit freaked out that she did it!

Shannon said...

Amen. Glad the house is still standing and everyone is in one piece:)

Genny said...

You've got that right! (glad everyone's okay!)

Talk about fun and excitement, just this morning, my son invented the 2000 super lazer. "But don't worry, mom," he reassured me, "I'm not really going to lazer anybody with it." :)

scrappysue said...

oh the stories you will be able to tel! i'm IN ROME!!!! buying shoes!!! and boots!! and dressed! i heart rome and don't want to ever go home - bad mummy award for me hehe

hope all's well in LA angie!

Kristina P. said...

Angie, I don't know what's going on, but for some reason, your blog isn't updating regularly in Reader! I just had all of your posts this week pop up! :(

Melissa said...

LOL
Poor thing.
Man always with the shower.
I sware it's my only goal.
Shower.
Some days I don't make it.

Deb said...

oh dear! yeah, the cooking on their own thing never ends up very well... trust me, i know!

i wonder why i get a week's worth of posts from you all at one time in my reader.

mmm... waffles.

sassy stephanie said...

Oh my gosh! Glad everyone is ok.

brunger bunch said...

Oh man!!! I hope the smell leaves your home soon:) Boys are so darn fun!!!

Jennifer said...

WHAT?! Oh my gosh, I am sooo glad they didn't burn themselves! Oh, and your beautiful house! :-)

kisatrtle said...

Glad there were no injuries in the waffle incident of 2009

Amy said...

oops...
Glad everyone is okay..

Jen said...

See this is why there is never a dual moment in parenting.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Oh my word! They are resorseful (sp?) though! minus the burning of them! I'm glad everything was okay though!!!

CC said...

Oh no!!!!! I can almost smell it from here!

Kacey R. said...

Oh my goodness Angie. Life is crazy but at least we can laugh at it right?

Brooke said...

Glad you are all okay. For a min. I thought you were going to tell me that the house is gone. I was going to cry for you.

Casey's trio said...

Oh man, what a treat to discover after your shower! Glad no major damage was done.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

You are right about that! Everyday is an adventure! I'm glad all is well. My little guy has been insisting lately to put his own waffles in the toaster. I think I may have to start unplugging the thing and putting it away after we use it. Thanks for the warning!

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

Oh my! Such excitement. Glad it nothing too serious.

~Jamie (formerly of Purposeful Pursuit)

Sam_I_am said...

I can probably say "boys will be boys" because my husband just set my oven on fire when he turned the broiler on and left french fries in there for 10 minutes to warm up. He said that he just wanted them crispy. Mission Accomplished.

Mark and Kiss said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha! I love those little boys. I can't imagine the mischief they must get into on a daily basis having a partner in crime.

SupahMommy said...

OH MY WORD.

I am right now lecturing my children about our NEW toaster.. that shiny pretty thing I make CINNAMON WAFFLES IN.


HANDS THE HECK OFF

that's the title of my lecture.