Monday, September 21, 2009

Day 2: Tuesday's Tribute

Let me just tell you up front that I am {figuratively} taking my life in my hands by writing this post about one of my favorite aspects of summer. My husband. I know that he'd prefer that I didn't. I know that I shouldn't. But I can't NOT. You see, this summer my husband was able to take tons of time off from work, so it seemed like I had him to myself for the duration of the vacation. Which is rare. And special.

It's no secret that I think he's pretty spectacular, and sometimes, even though he hates attention, I tell people. In this case, a lot of people. I just won't tell him how many people. (smile).

Jeff just happens to be my husband of over a decade. {Yes, I WAS bragging there.} He's smart. Really, really smart. I pride myself on being at least moderately intelligent, but (and it does pain me to say this) his intelligence far exceeds mine. The guy has a mind like a steel trap. He doesn't forget anything (unless it's the items I asked him to pick up at the store), and he retains information like no one I've ever met before.

He can do just about anything he sets his mind to. Not only can he tell me about physiological functions, or the molecular make up of a substance, he can lay tile, produce amazing wood work, AND he has a great eye for design. I thought most people were either right or left brained, but this guy seems to excel at both right and left brained activities. It's kind of not fair.

He's a super-duper husband, and a fantabulous father. He's a wonderful provider, and he makes us all feel safe.

Plus, he's pretty darn handsome.

Getting him almost all to myself for the summer? Definitely special. And memorable.

Don't forget to head over to Mayhem & Moxie to read about what other people think of their summer vacation. AND, just a reminder, Tuesday's Tribute will be hosted at Mayhem & Moxie from here on out.

Now, how about a few visits with our trusty and well traveled Mona?

Today, on Tuesday, September 22, you'll find Moxie Mona at the following locations:

Minnesota: The Extraordinary Ordinary
Nebraska: Newly Wed, Newly Bred
Iowa: Fighting Off Frumpy
Wisconsin: Ann Rant’s
Illinois: Look It’s Megryansmom
Kansas: Superdumb Supervillian

That Moxie Mona sure gets around. Wanna join me as she heads South?

New Mexico: Color Me Untypical Texas: Baby Makin(g) Machine, A Southern Fairytale, June Cleaver Nirvana, and Tree, Root, and Twig Oklahoma: Decisionally Challenged Arkansas: A Daily Dose of Toni


Tomorrow here at 7 Clown Circus, Wordful Wednesday will be going on as usual. If you want a prompt, it's easy. Favorite travel destination. Recycling is perfectly acceptable. Just so you know. :)

The links to my fab giveaways going on this week can be found in my right side bar.


49 comments:

Melissa said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww sweet.

Melissa said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE I WAS THE FIRST.
IT'S A MIRICLE.

KatBouska said...

Pretty darn handsome inDEED! Now I'll just wait for the post that explains exactly what is wrong with this guy!! He's too good to be true!

Scary Mommy said...

He's such a hottie, that man of yours!!

Unknown said...

He is so adorable : ) and he looks like he is 16 : ) I am sure he never acts 16 though. You know how boys are SO mature... Loved your post. You are the nicest.

Jenn@ The Crazies said...

Beautiful!!!

Susie said...

What a neat tribute to your hubby! Very sweet:-)

Justine said...

Angie, this tribute was beautiful to read. Not many people have a marriage like yours, where after 10 years you're still in awe of your spouse. I know I lost that lovin' feeling many moons ago and am for the most part miserable. I envy you and hope you keep that lovin' feeling for all time.

And honestly? Your husband is HOT!

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

You are one lucky woman! I have felt the same way about my own husband. He's cute, he's talented, he's a great dad.....but he hasn't been around much for the last year and a half. We miss him.

Amy said...

Looks like you have passed this on to some wonderful ladies. I miss you not doing this but I see it is going to be just fine. I did a post kind of like yours today. How funny. See you tomorrow.

S Club Mama said...

Your hubby is handsome! He should go on Jeopardy!

Unknown said...

What a great tribute!! Handsome indeed!

United Studies said...

You just want to make the rest of us jealous! I don't even remember the last time it was that Peter took me out to dinner. Lately it seems that he gets totally bored spending time with me and Emma...he'd rather be out taking pictures and hiking.

Ann Imig said...

You guys make a beautiful couple. This is such a sweet tribute, and a great reminder for us married folks to quit bitchin' all the time.

Thanks for stopping by. Have you seen Mona? Good lord that lady travels fast!

Unknown said...

Very sweet and defintiely a handsome catch ;)

I'm with ya though, both left and right brain inclined? Not fair at all.

Love the blog look (I have no idea if it's new-ish. I guess I need to click through and actually comment more often!)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ How great to have him all summer!!! He sounds fabulous!! :)

Daisy @ Lil Hiccups said...

Very Sweet!

Live.Love.Eat said...

You make such a beautiful couple. It's always a bonus when they're good guys on top of being so dang cute.

Kristina P. said...

Your husband is a hottie!

Jen said...

I happen to think that husbands with the name of Jeff and awesome! ;)

Lani said...

That is really awesome that you were able to spend time together over the summer:) Good for you guys!

kisatrtle said...

what a wonderful post...and your hubby is a cutie!

Shannon said...

I just love it! We never get to hear about that wonderful hubby of yours. What a great post!

Kameron said...

That was sweet. Even though they say they don't like attention, everyone loves to be doted on by the ones they love!

Kathy B! said...

Your hubster sounds like such a wonderful man! I bet you two are perfect together :)

Stephanie said...

What a loving tribute! You are both so blessed to have true love! He is handsome - you're beautiful - together adorable! and pssst...I think he's maybe a pharmacist or into the research end. Smart and talented!

girlytwins said...

He is a doll. I still think he got the better part of the marriage deal. You are pretty darned spectacular too :)

Great hubby's are hard to come by. Handy cute one's even more so. :)

Anne said...

How sweet!!

Grand Pooba said...

Awwww, you've got a Super Husband! Does he wear tights and a cape too?

Michelle said...

Great tribute!

I had to read through all the comments before I commented because I didn't want to be the first to say your husband is hot but he is! Lucky you. I have a pretty great husband too who even though I hate to admit it is also more intelligent than me.

heidi said...

I got a cavity just reading that, it was so sweet. ;-)

AiringMyLaundry said...

He sounds so sweet. But surely sometimes you want to clock him over the head?

Michelle said...

Smart and handsome! You hit the hubby lottery. :)

Heather of the EO said...

You got yourself a good one, sweet Angie.

And I'm sure he thinks the same of you!

Leslie said...

I'd say... he's a keeper!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

nom nom nom.. he's a cutie. :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Very Sweet! Sounds like you too bagged a good one!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

ahhhhhh....so cute!!

Kacey said...

You're so sweet. I'm glad you got to spend a lot of time together!!!

cewmont said...

Awesome tribute.

I'm Jamie said...

How sweet!
Not gonna lie... my husband has that whole left AND right brain thing too... and I'm more than just a little bit jealous ;)

Anonymous said...

Husbands are pretty much the best thing ever. This was a fabulous tribute.

Shell said...

How sweet! And very refreshing to hear someone praise their husband, instead of trash him!

Mayhem and Moxie said...

So is this the guy that I am going to be meeting in Vegas in a few short weeks? Hello!

Is he a hugger too? :)

René said...

I've been married 18 years and I LOVE to hear about other happily married couples. Spouse bashing is such a downer...keep it positive.

Laura said...

What a sweet post about Jeff. I had no idea he was home most of the summer either. I am glad you moved in and getting settled.

Jenners said...

Oh he is handsome! And he sounds amazing! And if you weren't so darn nice, I would be insanely jealous but I'm just so happy for you! Enjoy him!

Lula! said...

OK, seriously...
Scott and I will NOT be hanging with y'all in Vegas. You're both far too pretty...and we just don't need that kind of pressure in our lives.

Kristin said...

He's a catch alright!