Wednesday, May 30, 2007

We're 1 1/2 years old!

It's been almost two years since I saw two little heads on the Ultra Sound Machine and heard the news that would rock our world. We made it through a precarious monoamniotic pregnancy and premature birth and here we are 18 months after their birth shaking our heads wondering where the time went. Those 2 1/2 months I spent in the hospital or the past year or more? Gone in the blink of an eye.



A few hours before their birth at 33 weeks gestation.
Daddy holding Jacob and John. We were so excited to be able to hold our little peanuts before they were whisked off to the NICU. If you look closely, you can see how pale Jacob is (left) compared to John (right). They thought they might have started TTTS.


John (Baby B)
4 lbs. 4 oz.

John: 24 lbs. even=25th%
31 inches=25th%
19 inches head circumference= 60th%




Jacob (Baby A)
4 lbs. 5 oz.



Jacob: 24 lbs. 4 oz.=25th%
32 inches long=almost 50th%
19 inches head circumference= 60th%
Oh, and thanks to Leslie for outfitting the boys in swim suits and matching board tops for the summer.




Jacob left, John right

John left, Jacob right

Jacob and John
Jacob and John
These are some of the things the boys can do:
*put their legs and arms in clothing thus helping to get dressed.
*obey simple commands like "go get your shoes", or "go give this to Grace".
*learning about feelings. If the other cries they will try to comfort each other.
*beginning to learn to share!
*feed themselves with a fork (however, they're not ready to give up their bottles).
*John is the master of making sounds and words. He has about a 20 word vocabulary, but to hear him "talk", you'd think he has his own language
*Jacob is the master of expression. He makes the funniest faces. Jeff can say, "Tiki, are you mad at me?" and he makes this mad face. It kills me every time.
*And my favorite: if I ask the boys if they are poopy they tell me the truth; either looking at me blankly or saying, "unhuh" and touching their diaper.
*Jacob thinks he can jump. He picks one foot up and stomps it as he swivels around. Hilarious.
*Both boys have 10 teeth each.
*Jacob like to eat most foods. John likes to eat cookies and ice cream but likes to snub his nose at anything else.
*run and climb and get into all manner of mischief.
*did I mention that they are the best huggers and kissers? And do it willingly on demand.

7 comments:

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

what beautiful pictures! my girls were thought to have started ttts as well. one was paler than the other too. i can't wait to see their new stats :). they sure have grown nicely. i remember when you had them. i think i had just met you on the momo board when you were about to deliver them. wow, has it really been 1 1/2 years! anyway, they are gorgeous as usual!!

Laura said...

What a wonderful post! It's amazing to see how far they have come. Adorable pictures and adorable outfits too! They look SOOOO much alike in that last one. My girls also had signs of TTTS. I guess its good none of us would be allowed to go much longer. My doctor felt we dodged that bullet by delivering when we did.

Heather said...

Oh man, I love those boys. Seriously. Sugars. Don't dawdle letting us know how big they are!

Suzanne said...

SOOOO neat to see how your babies have grown! they are precious! thanks for sharing!! LOVE the outfits at the end and the hugging pics!...makes my heart melt! (what is TTTS?..as if i needed something else to worry about! the twin transfer thing?)

Debra said...

Angie,

They are so cute! I love the ones where they are hugging and smiling. They are growing up so fast. I bet they are so much fun right now. This time (15 months to 2yrs) is my favorite age ever. Enjoy those cutie pies!!

Casey's trio said...

They grow up so fast! Great pictures of the boys together! I love that they give hugs and kisses on command:) Mine are starting to do that, but it's only if THEY feel like it:)
BTW, Your little Emma looks just like you.

Casey

The Pruetz Family said...

Angie,
Thanks for posting to my blog. It's good to hear from you! I love your site and your family is just beautiful. I can't wait to hear more about the goings on in your family! - Erin Pruetz