Saturday, March 10, 2007

the shatoe beehind me

Grace and Emma were very busy last night writing their very first pop lyrics. They sang it to me, and it was amusing, but mostly just adorable. I had to record the words as copied from the original:
the shatoe beehind me
the shatoe's beehind me look't so scary so I triyde to tell them they are butifel butt thay wudend say a thing
no! no! no! no! no! no! no!
ya thay wudent say a thing
ya!
thay wudent say a thing

In case you need a little translation, shatoe=shadow and wudent=wouldn't. I love the contraction she made out of looked (look't), too!

4 comments:

Laura said...

SOOOO priceless. Lindsey recently completed 2 chapters of a book she decided to write, it was hilarous- story, spelling, everything so funny! I am saving it for sure!

Shannon said...

Too cute!

Heather said...

This is positively awesome. I love everything about it!

Debra said...

I love it when my kids do this too! I wonder if being a rock star is every little girls activity? Emma tells everyone... I mean EVERYONE, that when she grows up she is not getting married and having kids, she is going to be a rock star!!

I love how kids use phonics they are taught to write words. Emma made a sign for Michael's office that says:

"No gowing in dads ofic."
hehe