Monday, March 10, 2008

His New Hobby

Remember that I told you that a post about Jeff was coming up? Well, here goes: Before Jeff and I were married, he had a hobby that sapped a lot of his student earnings. When he went to Pharmacy School he decided that his car restoration was a hobby that would have to go. He wouldn't have the time, or finances to sink into his 1953 Ford. So, my dad entered the picture and took over the restoration of the car......but that's beside the point. The point of this post is that Jeff has found a new hobby, one that I can really embrace. He is really gifted with wood working, and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Perhaps you can't tell from this picture, but this window is HUGE.....so getting the wood working done on it was no small feat. Especially for someone who hates to be on ladders.
My favorite area of crown molding. Look at those beautiful angles.


He's done trim on every doorway and window in the house like the one shown here, and baseboards as well! Love what the crown does for this room.....

and this one.....


and this one.

And have I mentioned that he's an amazing father and husband?

22 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, that moulding really does make the room. To bad he doesn't live closer I would love to do that to a few of my rooms!

The Pruetz Family said...

The house looks incredible! You are very lucky to have such a handy and dedicated man!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Beautiful job! I love crown moulding.

Cecily R said...

First of all, I am in love with that window. If I could I would box it up and give it to my mom as a birthday present. A window like that would make her happy for months straight without having anything else.

Secondly, your house is STUNNING. You have excellent taste. If I could afford you I'd hire you to be my decorator in a minute!

And last, that pharmasist of yours has some mad skills as a wood worker! I'm sure it was even more fun for you to watch your house take shape when it was him making it look so fabulous!

Melissa said...

Ummm....can I borrow him!? I love crown molding...I think it makes any room 10times better!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I LOVE LOVE LOVE crown molding! He did a beautiful job!

Casey's trio said...

So beautiful! I'm officially jealous of your immaculate house and decor and a hubby who completes projects!

Crazymamaof6 said...

whoohoo! that is fabulous! and adzing talent he has there. and you get to reap the rewards of it. i love crown molding too. especially the small alcoves and angles. i have it in my master bedroom and love love it.

my question is... does he paint it? and finish the job. my hubby puts it up and caulks , it but leaves the painting to me unfortunately. and sometimes it doesn't get finished. if he paints i am ultra jealous!

Shannon said...

Beautiful! I am so impressed! I wish my hubby had wood working as a hobby! Lucky girl!

Laurie said...

Beautiful. What a great hobby! You are so lucky and your house is beautiful!

Charisse said...

Gorgeous!! I am so impressed by your decorating skills, your husbands wood working skills and your housekeeping skills. Your house looks immaculate. You would never know you have five kids by how clean your house is. Impressive!

Heather said...

When can I come over?

Don Mills Diva said...

Wow - you are a lucky woman indeed!

Kristin said...

Wow, he is good. So NOW are you ready to sell?

Lottie_Ellie said...

Wow. The house looks amazing. That is a terrific hobby!

Melissa said...

Wow Angie, you have a beautiful house. I can't believe you just wanna sell it!

Melissa said...

Wow Angie, what a beautiful job! Love your taste! It is so hard to miter (sp?) corners, his work is amazing!

latree said...

he did it all? wonderful!!

Clark Captions said...

Amazing! Jeff really is talented! Love all his work, it really is beautiful.

Stephanie said...

LOVE IT! Your big window looks a lot like ours, except ours is minus the fabulous new crown molding yours has!! Beautiful!

Connie said...

It looks great...he does beautiful work.

Philigry said...

Love it. so fun to look at home improvement things. i could do it all day!