Friday, February 29, 2008

The Answers to your questions:

Melissa in New Zealand asked, "So I need to know what's happening to your house. What's going on? Details please. Plus what is your husband doing?" Brooke asked this question too.

Oh Melissa and Brooke. You have eagle eyes. In the picture you are referencing, Jeff is jokingly flipping me the bird. It's endearing, isn't? We are finishing up the major renovations on our home to get it just how we want it. YOu know, so that we can turn around and sell it. We have this large arched window overlooking our backyard that is a focal point in the house. We wanted to really make it pop so Jeff designed the carpentry work around the window (he's not done yet) using the same crown that is on all of our doorways and windows. The kitchen remains a work in progress as does the front yard in which we are replacing planters and retaining walls with rock.

Laura, Debra and Jenny asked me about vinyl. I purchased the vinyl pieces I used, but then had to buy the wood, cut it to size, paint it and then put the vinyl lettering on. Applying the lettering is really easy, but does take some patience if you want it all there and even. There are tons of companies out there that sale vinyl images.

Robin asked, "Best vacation you ever took? Worst vacation you ever took? What accomplishment (other than your family) are you proudest of?" Some of my best vacations were at Lake Powell during the summer as a child. I really love all of my family vacations now, but it's not quite the same paying for them and making sure that everyone else stays safe and happy. We had the opportunity to go to St. Maartin a few years ago, and that would have been a wonderful, wonderful vacation, except I was pregnant with the twins and the sun made me so sick that I couldn't enjoy the time away like I'd anticipated. My family is definitely my greatest accomplishment, and besides that I'm at a loss. I have many little things that I'm proud of that included persistence, a little intelligence and dependability, but I won't bore you with them as they are hardly noteworthy.

Arizona said, "Hmmm.....if you were a car, what car would you be???"
A BMW. Can't tell you why exactly.

Jeremiah asked, "What color is licorice?" Coming from him, I have to think this is a trick question. However, my answer is: the only licorice worth eating is red. Or brown. Not black.

Melissa wanted to know: "If you were a dog would you be a big one or a small one? Would you rather be a cat or a dog? If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? What makes you happy?"
I'd definitely be a dog, and a small one at that. If I could change one thing about my life, they would be character flaws in myself. I'd be more patient, more understanding, a better wife and mother. Many things make me happy. A content husband. Laughing children. Having my temporal and spiritual needs met. A good book. A yummy dinner. Visiting good blogs. Wasting time in ways that I like. Oh, and a clean house.

Jocasta asked, "if you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?" Jeff and I really want to go back to Europe when the kidlets are old enough to leave for an extended period, but I'd also really love to go someplace without strong European influences. For a more feasible vacation, anywhere warm that's all inclusive. Without kids for once.

Debra asked, "what was your goal?" Well, I was going to keep this one a secret, but then, I decided. Who cares really, so the answer is: "I finally lost all of the baby weight I've been lugging around for 2 years".

Melissa, Robin, Casey, Andrea J, Julie, and Kristin asked what the deal is with a kitchen with no doors or drawers. The answer is, getting new ones. Pictures to come shortly.

Rebecca and Jojo asked how I get so many comments. Compared to some, I get very few, but the real answer is that I comment on other peoples blogs and they reciprocate. Plus, I have some family bloggers that I can depend on for comments and lots of moms of multiples that always comment.

21 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a husband who likes to sneak the bird into the pictures I take. I enjoyed your answers. Congrats on making your goal.

jeremiahrjones said...

You have me pegged.

...and the answer is not red, but black. ;)

jeremiahrjones said...

...and, "ha ha ha."

I chuckled when I went back and saw the photo of Jeff that you referenced in your post. I had thought he was just holding something in his hand.

:-P

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, you have a lot of readers named Melissa, huh? How do you manage to keep us straight?

Thanks for the answers!!

Casey's trio said...

What a fun post...sorry I wasn't creative enough to come up with a good question for you! I'm totally laughing about your Jeff picture...I didn't see it until you pointed it out:) I seriously am SO impressed by the vinyl piece you made. Really cool.

Melissa said...

Congrats on dropping the baby weight. I can feel your pain, but not excitment....cause I am trying....TRYING to loose mine. Congrats on the success!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ These were really fun to read! And I never even noticed your hubby flippin you the bird! Too funny! :)

Kristin said...

Chris and I flip each other the bird too, occasionally, jokingly, it's hard to do though when children seem to catch everything...

Laurie said...

LOve your blogs! Selling? Are you moving as was mentioned in your comments?
Good for you on the weight. I am still trying to lose mine from 3 years ago. Aaron will be 3 on Tues!

Lottie_Ellie said...

My goodnesss... so many questions! It was such a satisfying post to read though since they were all answered!

Sarah said...

I loved all of your answers....although did you take your kids to the Caribbean? You and Jeff need to start planning that next trip!!

Laura said...

Loved getting the answers. Tell Jeff we all went back to see him in the picture too (ha ha). So funny! I can't wait to see more pictures of your house. It doesn't seem fair that you get it all how you would want it and then have to leave it. Too bad you can't move the house to the new location (ha ha).

My name is Tammie said...

That was fun! I love reading your answers to things. And congrats on the baby weight!! Way to go woman!

Cecily R said...

I am the bird flipper around here. I do it way too often to Jon and I am going to get caught sometime very soon. But like your husband, I am endearing!!

Someday I need to do one of these posts, but I am scared of the questions I might get!!

Robin said...

Losing the baby weight is a great accomplishment - M's 4 and I've still got mine... (yes, I'm working on it, and no, I can't really call it baby weight anymore)

Shannon said...

Congrats on the baby weight loss. That twon weight was a doozy wasn't it?

Loved all of this info about you!

latree said...

I hope everybody happy with the answers....

Melissa said...

Thanks Angie and good luck. I know what a 'worked on' house feels like. this too shall pass.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crazymamaof6 said...

wow! that is exciting and a bummer. so fun to see the work done but bummer it is just in time to sell. and it's never fun having work done while the family is around. you seem to be coping well. you are amazing.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

This was fun little question and answer session! :) Seems it takes me a whole week to get around to everyone ... so you get a week's worth of comments in a day {from me at least} I can't seem to sit here and not be doing ... gotta read stories and chase kids, ya know! but I itch to be read and updating myself on all the goings on! :D