Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This is what I know about you.....

This was fun.......there's so much more I know about so many of you, it was difficult to just pick one or two things. So, here's the interesting things you told me, and a few more things that I happen to know about you. This twist, of course, was "borrowed" from Cecily's blog.

Stephanie over at The Callendar Zoo Review was married on an island in the Northwoods of WI. The guests at her wedding sat on log stumps covered with antique linens. She's the mommy of 3 and when she was in the hospital with her twins she wrote the kind of detailed posts that made my day.

Crazymamaof6 over at Truly Delightful in Every Way loves to tell it like it is. And she probably blogs more than anyone I know. She wanted to have 12 kids before she actually had any of her own, and now she tells people she plans on 8 on purpose, 10 on accident.

In the Quiet Heart's author Heather cheated and didn't tell me a single thing. But that's OK because I know plenty. Heather is a real life, in-person friend and is an incredible mommy. She allows her daughter to collect and be-friend bugs and creatures, and I love that. Plus, she's a Labor and Delivery nurse/supervisor. She is the only person I've ever met that knew without me telling them what monoamniotic twins are.

Casey finds the humor in life at Quilao Triplets. She has the cutest darn 25 weeker, micropreemie triplets ever. Her blog has seriously given me hours of enjoyment.
She says, "Not sure if this in interesting about me but I have this big mole on the inside of one of my pinky toes. I used to tell people that is how they could identify my body if something horrible happened to me."

Laura at The View From Our House is mom to 4, NICU volunteer and fellow monoamniotic.org moderator. She loves to exercise and is a great friend. And have I mentioned how cute and CLEAN her kids are? She hates sweet pickles and used to be a nanny for a SF Giants player. I didn't know that!

Latree at Dandelion is one of my first international blogging friends. She lives in Indonesia, has three children and is a regular commenter. I plan on learning a lot from her.

Shannon at A Day in Our Life has a cool twist to her blog: expert panelists. She was in the hospital at the same time as me with her monoamniotic twins and travelled that road with me. Our babies were born at basically the same gestational age, at the same weights and just one day apart. She has a business selling homemade hats for little girls called Pretty Peanut Shells that are adorable. Here is her contribution: "My husband started telling my brother (who was his fraternity brother in college) that he was going to marry me 2 years before our first date. Guess he knew what was coming!"

Melissa at Hope for the Hopeless goes all out with Christmas lights on her house. AND, she loves Panera Bread. She named her daughter Hope and not Faith because she didn't have a whole lot of faith she'd have her but she sure did have a whole lot of hope. "The name totally fits her."

Kristin at Just Breathe In and Out is my cousin. She sews, she cans, AND, she does exquisit cross stitching. She also knows how to ride a unicycle.

Arizona of Peace, Love and Vegetables is the best darn medical study intrepreter I've ever known. And, she so interesting. In a good way. I met her on monoamniotic.org and I like to think that my badgering helped her to make the decision to go inpatient with her twins earlier than she originally planned. Like me, she has an uncle who died from AIDS. Here's something original: "I used to think about committing some misdemeanor that would put me in a minimum security prison for 30 days so I could spend that time alone meditating and doing yoga. One thing that kept me from seriously considering it is that the food in prison is really bad. I'm kind of a food snob. Life is too short to eat bad food!" It just gets better: "My step-mother's mother pleaded guilty to murdering her boyfriend (who was married!) and she did time. She was even on Oprah to tell her story!! Is it a surprise that she loves surgeries?

Laurie M. at Treasure the Little Things, like me, has some seriously Adorable red headed boys (like the plug for my boys?). She has never broken a bone. "I fear the pain associated with broken bone. My kids have never had any broken bones either. My hubby? Well, he's a different story".

Jan is my newest sister and law and first time mom. I think she should start a blog, too. She has really long beautiful hair. And, even though I've never noticed, she claims to have uglier feet than mine, which just isn't possible. And, she shares my envy of long eyelashes.!

Driving With the Brakes On is another new blogger friend. She says this, "I may be a stay-at-home-mom, but I am not an idiot" and I love it. She can't stand restaurants with out changing tables or highchair straps that don't work.

Jeremiah, original author of Eastern Blog Country is smart as a whip and strong as a horse. Enough said.

Milz is my cousin-in-law whom I've never met. She has 2 adorable kids and is a native New Zealander. She's got two scars on her face, one between her eyes and one on the side of her nose (like a piercing)as a result of getting the chicken pox as a baby.

Laurie at Crazy for Four was was run over by a motorcycle when she was in 3rd or 4th grade. And, she taught herself how to play the piano. Another in-person friend that I'm thankful for.

Katie at Philigry makes me sick with envy each time I visit her site. She makes amazing things (jewelry, clothing, chair covers, you name it), and the things she bakes make my mouth water.
And, she can't whistle either!

Melissa at Are You Serious, fellow twin mommy, knows stuff about HTML. She scrapbooks in her "free time". Her "dad was a navy seal in Vietnam and tough as nails. We never crossed him and he could always tell if we weren't telling the truth. That's why we'd go to my mom if we wanted something..."

Cecily at My Chaos My Bliss is not only funny, but interesting, and she has a HUGE blog following. She posted 100 interesting facts on her blog, but can still think of more. She said, "I got the chicken pox when I was 16on a choir trip in California. A bunch of kids pooled money to pay for my plane ticket home but they wouldn't fly me because it's a communicable disease. I had to ride a bus from San Diego CA to Layton UT with full blown chicken pox. It was awful. Every two hours my friend would wake me up from the floor of the bus to give me either benedryl or Dramamine to keep me asleep."

Tammie with Tammie and the Hellions is mamma extraordinaire to triples. I love that she gets on the floor and plays with her children. She has always wanted to be a doctor. "Like always, but never had the guts to actually do it. To afraid to fail".

Kelly at The Craziness We Call Life can't whistle or roll her tongue. But, she is raising a fashion diva, with a baby just waiting to be educated in the love of diamonds, too.

Hi my name is mommy at Triple the Blessings is mom to triplets and works for MAC. What I know about Hi my name is mommy is that I don't know her name, but that's OK because I love her blog anyway.

Debra at Just Another Day in Paradise is fellow mom of five. She is a literally a coupon queen and she's squeamish about surgeries.

Rosie is Girl in a Cardigan and a historical reenactor. She's into costuming, and let me tell you, this girl can sew!

Carrie with Keiser Family somehow found my blog and through her I've made a bunch of new blog friends. She has 6 kids and sometimes still wants a baby. She survived a month without a computer, and I think that's pretty darn amazing.

Jenny L. doesn't have a blog, but should. Hint, hint. She brings at least one visit a week to my site from people searching for her. She's a music editor and has the cutest little monoamniotic twins ever. And, if you ever see a Bringing Home Baby episode about momo twins, that's her.

Robin at Around The Island is my newest blog friend AND she lives in Israel. Her blog got ranked as Post Graduate in one of those "thingies". Maybe some of those brain cells that I've allowed to die will re-surface after reading her blog. I can always hope, right? My curling iron factoid reminded her that her "mom once fried a blow dryer in Spain and tried to throw it out in the garbage in her hotel room. Each day the maid would fish it back out and put it on the dresser! (All the while wondering why the idiot American woman kept putting her things in the trash I'm sure.) She finally had to take it to a garbage can out on the street to get rid of it."

Tamara, the second half of Eastern Blog Country is an amazing mom. She's an in-person friend, and I'll always be thankful for her friendship when we lived on the East Coast. And, she's almost exactly my age.

Erin, The Pruetz Family author is a fellow momo mom, has a son that has had some major mishaps that left me astonished, and she's a journalist. Here's an amazing fact: when she was 16 years old, she could bench press 185 lbs.

17 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

I love this. Not only do I learn about you, I get to learn about all your blog readers and maybe pick up a few new blogs to check out.

You and Cecily are both pretty smart chicks!!

Cecily R said...

That was great! Mine was embarrassingly long! Sorry about that...I'm long winded.

You have some amazing friends and readers. Isn't it so nice to know such great people?

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

After reading this, what I know about me is that I should be afraid of me! Or I should be locked up. Hey, then I could be alone to meditate and do yoga!!! Alllllrighty then!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I'm tired and misspelled something important so I had to delete it. I loved this post and may have to steal it someday! I have to agree that it helps you find a lot of new interesting people. When Cecily did it I added several new blogs to my overflowing blog roll.

My name is Tammie said...

Fun!! I love this! You did such a great job. I LOVE the way your blog looks now. Nice, neat and pretty!

Laurie said...

Wow, that was awesome! Great post!

Kristin said...

hmmm maybe that was little too personal. Good thing Chris doesn't frequent your blog...

Anonymous said...

Wow what a lot of effort for a good cause. Thanks Angie, this was really interesting.

Heather said...

That was the coolest evah!! Love it. And your blog looks completely stunning. I hope I see you at ballet tomorrow!

Casey's trio said...

I loved this post Angie, although my weird fact was pretty morbid:O

Robin said...

What a fun idea for a post, and lots of new reading material to boot.

Thanks for the mention, I'm really enjoying your blog too.

Debra said...

What a fun post!!! I like Arizona's idea of being locked up, alone, for 30 days. I will need that after these next 2 1/2 weeks of winter break with 5 active kids!!

Philigry said...

i so loved reading this. maybe i should do it. i always thought i would love being pregnant, but hated it too! i would pee my pants every time i sneezed, never gained less than 55 lbs. and my nose would get really wide. with my last pregnancy my son addison who was three at the time, asked me why i looked like a piggy! i do miss it though. my husband does not.

jeremiahrjones said...

I'm so touched that you didn't make the other horse allusion--I feel like a new man.

(By the way--maybe, but only if it was a little horse.)

Stephanie said...

very fun - loved reading about new people and learning more about blogs I frequent

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

This was fun to read, thanks for doing it! BTW, I told my mono friend about you in my Christmas card and gave her your blog address.... who know, she might drop by.