Thursday, December 13, 2007

Tell All Thursday. Because I can.

Cecily, over at My Chaos My Bliss has my admiration for finding 100 truly interesting things about herself. Her post (and blog for that matter) is one of my all time favorites, so in my tradition of sharing, I mean stealing, here's my pilfered attempt. Let's see if I can even come close. Here goes.

1. I have weird, and ugly I might add, feet. I think they must be double jointed because I can walk on them sort of bent in half. Not as easily as I used to though.
2. When I was in 4th grade a boy wrote on my shirt and as a result got sent to the principals office to be whipped. Yep, that used to happen. I still feel bad about it.
3. I peed my pants in kindergarten. And then had to stand outside during recess so everyone could see my tell tale stain.
4. I can't whistle. At all.
5. I love Twizzlers. Like love them. Could eat a whole bag. Or two.
6. I was born in the middle of a snow storm on the side of the road in the middle of no where. On April Fool's day. And, my dad delivered me. I guess the joke was on him.
7. I'm allergic to penicillin.
8. I have eye lash envy. The type that makes me jealous of others who have long full lashes.
9. Hands down, when I was in school I did the best on essay tests.
10. I love to read. Just about anything with words. Well, sort of.
11. I have had someone I love die as a result of homicide, and from A.I.D.S
12. I have yet to meet someone who has read and loves Villette by Charlotte Bronte as much as I do.
13. I don't like Character clothes. I really don't like character shoes. Especially if they light up.
14. The hardest job I ever had was as a hostess at Acapulco Restaurant.
15. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss California.
16. As a teenager, I got propositioned by a geriatric at a youth hostel in Germany.
17. One of my favorite cities in Europe is Dresden.
18. I would love to travel the world.
19. I have absolutely no musical ability. None.
20. I'm a poor loser.
21. I LOVE playing games.
22. I didn't know that milk comes out of the breast in more than one hole until I saw it with my own eyes.
23. I almost failed Calculus in College. But then I dropped out of the class instead.
24. I love potty humor. It gets me every time.
25. My husband and I got lost on our first date trying to find Ed Debevics.
26. I used to work in Hollywood where I saw first hand that many actors are really, really short.
27. I do NOT like sweet pickles.
28. My dad made a salmon casserole once that made me detest salmon forever.
29. I wear shoes as little as possible, and socks even less.
30. One of my most used and loved talents is my ability to spit ideas onto paper or the computer screen. Quickly.
31. I suck at miniature golf and bowling. And basically all organized sports.
32. When I was in elementary school I was really, really good at Chinese jump rope, hopscotch and handball.
33. I like to vacuum. I don't like to clean showers.
34. My favorite costume ever was as an Indian (as in Native American) with long black braids and tons of bronzer on my face and arms. No one knew it was me.
35. The thought of hunting for pleasure makes me sick.
36. I sold an article to the Ensign magazine, and it's slated to be published in April.
37. I do a lot of volunteer work.
38. I love to look through houses. Could totally dig being a realtor if the job didn't demand so much time.
39. I think Newbery Award winning books rock. The best of the best.
40. On the rare occasions that I get a manicure, I can't keep my fingernail polish from chipping for even one day.

I know I have a lot of work to do. Will keep my thinking cap on. In the tradition of Cecily's game, tell me something interesting about you, and I'll post it later on with something else I know about you.

23 comments:

Stephanie said...

I peed my pants too in 1st grade and my teacher made me clean it up, while the rest of the class got a free recess...on me! Let's see, something interesting current day? I was married on an island in the Northwoods of WI. The guests at our wedding sat on log stumps covered with antique linens.

Crazymamaof6 said...

love learning more about you! you have great stuff! so i don't ahve anything interesting about myself. i have plum run outta good material. ok here is a lame one. i wanted to have 12 kids , before i had kids of course(think highschool). now i tell people i plan on 8 on purpose 10 on accident. it is always shocking! but it is true. and yet. someday i can barely survive the 6 i have.

Heather said...

I stinkin' loved everything about this. Totally. Can't wait for the rest of the list!

Casey's trio said...

I think it is really cool that you were able to come up with that many interesting facts about yourself. Seriously. In awe.
Not sure if this in interesting about me but I have this big mole on the inside of one of my pinky toes. I used to tell people that is how they could identify my body if something horrible happened to me.

Laura said...

I love this! I have a lot in common with you (surprise surprise). I hate sweet pickles, my children own no character clothing or shoes (hate them with passion), I miss California (I am not surprised about that), I can't whistle either, Vilette finally arrived at the library so I will let you know my opinion, love traveling (especially history), I am terrible at organized sports too, I also do a lot of volunteer work (some with you). Something interesting about me is that I used to be a nanny for a SF Giants player.

latree said...

You did a good job making the list, you have so many intersting facts. can't wait to see the rest..

Shannon said...

Awesome! I am just stuck on the fact that you were delivered on the side of the road by your father on April Fools day! The whole humiliating children who pee thing really upsets me.

Something interesting about me...my husband started telling my brother (who was his fraternity brother in college) that he was going to marry me 2 years before our first date. Guess he knew what was coming!

AutoSysGene said...

I love reading lists like this because I realize just how much we all have in common with one another. Quite a few things on your list I found myself saying, "me to" about!!

Let's see, something about me. I named my daughter Hope and not Faith because I didn't have a whole lot of faith we'd have her but I sure did have a whole lot of hope. The name totally fits her,

Kristin said...

These are my ditto's #4,8,9,10,13,18,29,31.
Here's my tell all, I was so nervous about our wedding night, that I made Chris stay at the reception until I had opened ALL the presents. He was going mad.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I have an uncle who died from AIDS. Well, more accurately, from pneumonia. But, he wouldn't have gotten the pneumonia or died from it if he didn't have AIDS. I don't like character clothes, either, with the exception of Lightening McQueen. The only reason why I like it so much is because Luke gets so excited when he is wearing something from the movie Cars. He even has slippers shaped like Lightening McQueen race cars. Something original: I used to think about committing some misdemeanor that would put me in a minimum security prison for 30 days so I could spend that time alone meditating and doing yoga. One thing that kept me from seriously considering it is that the food in prison is really bad. I'm kind of a food snob. Life is too short to eat bad food! My step-mother's mother pleaded guilty to murdering her boyfriend (who was married!) and she did time. She was even on Oprah to tell her story!!

Laurie said...

Wow! Awesome list, I enjoyed getting to know a few things about you. Born on the side of the road? Scary for your parents! I'm with you on the Newberry books- they are the BEST. When I buy my kids books those are what I go for and I read them too. And Chinese jumprope! Hello!? Whatever happened to that?! I used to do that with my friends waiting for the bus to pick us up for school. And I am so excited for your article in the Ensign!
Something about me? I have never broken a bone. I fear the pain associated with broken bones. My kids have never had any broken bones either. My hubby? Well, he's a different story.

Anonymous said...

Cool list. Very interesting. I'm impressed you came up with 40 as well.
Something interesting about me.............I've got two scars on my face, one between my eyes and one on the side of my nose (like a piercing)as a result of getting the chicken pox as a baby.

Laurie said...

I am not surprised that you aced your essay exams. Lucky you. I did fairly well with them but something tells me that yours came much easier than mine. I love this idea.
something interesting. I was run over by a motorcycle when I was in 3rd or 4th grade.

Philigry said...

you are so funny. i can't whistle either!

Are You Serious! said...

Very fun to read... I love learning more about everyone!

Are You Serious! said...

Oh yeah random thing about me... My dad was a navy seal in vietnam and tough as nails. We never crossed him and he could always tell if we weren't telling the truth. That's why we'd go to my mom if we wanted something...

Cecily R said...

I just thought of a new one!!!

I got the chicken pox when I was 16on a choir trip in California. A bunch of kids pooled money to pay for my plane ticket home but they wouldn't fly me because it's a communicable (sp) disease.

I had to ride a bus from San Diego CA to Layton UT with full blown chicken pox. It was awful. Every two hours my friend would wake me up from the floor of the bus to give me either benedryl or dramamine to keep me asleep.

Oh, and we have so much in common it's GROOVY! I love that!!!!

My name is Tammie said...

OK, this was way too fun! You, my friend, are very interesting!

Lame interesting-ish thing, other than the kids of course - I have always wanted to be a doctor. Like always, but never had the guts to actually do it. To afraid to fail.

Kelly said...

I can't whistle or roll my tongue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I had so much fun looking at your blog! I learned alot about you and your darling family. I didn't know about the twins birth. What a miracle! I think we should include your blog with your family interviews for Grace's book. Keep writing on the top 100
things about yourself...that was fun to read. I think I'll give that a try with the class. I'll start with the top 10 and work from there... :) Do you mind if I read some of your answers to the kids as a way to get them inspired to write?

Thanks for sharing,
Joann~

hi my name is mommy said...

Oh my gosh! It's crazy how much we have in common! I am going to steel this from you now;) I will comment again on this one when I have a few minutes...

familyof6 said...

#38 I can so relate. Back a few months ago when we all did that tell 10 interesting things about you this was one of mine.
I barely came up with 10. I don't know how I could think of 100!

The Pruetz Family said...

Hey! I'm a little late in the game, but here goes anyway:

When I was 16 years old, I could bench press 185 lbs. Ta da!