Saturday, February 14, 2009

Project Happy Hearts

Do you know Kasey from Chronicles of a Mommy? If not, you should. Put stopping by her site on your to-do list.

Recently, she wanted to organize something in Tuesday's honor. You've all heard of Tuesday by now, right? She prayed and thought a lot about this. She said,

"I wanted to turn this ache that I feel into positive energy and honor Tuesday's time here. I know that her story did not end with her time here on earth. I have teamed up with Tabitha at A FiveOhFour Uplifting. Tabitha, along with her family, have a mission to organize goody bags for ALL children with ALL illnesses along with women & children in homeless shelters. This month her family is donating all of the goody bags in Tuesday's honor. The recipients of these bags will be the patients of the San Antonio Methodist Children's Hospital. Please visit A FiveOhFour Uplifting to see how you can help."

Through Tabitha, she also found the Make A Child Smile organization. This organization provides information for people, like you & me, to write uplifting and spirited letters to children with chronic illnesses.

So, Kasey affectionatly dubbed this her little venture {Project Happy Hearts}. She asked each of her readers to donate to A FiveOhFour Uplifting's mission and/or write a letter to a child in Tuesday's honor.

So, this is how we helped make someone's heart smile in Tuesday's honor. Emma wrote a story about a Strawberry for a sick child, and we're hoping that it brightens their day.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S Day!


Photobucket

25 comments:

Halftime Lessons said...

A VERY cool idea Angie...I am on my way over to look.
Jay

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

wow, that is incredible. i would love to read the story emma wrote. heading over to check it out right now.

Kacey said...

A HUGE thank you from my heart to yours. I bet Emma's story brought a beautiful smile to their face.

Deb said...

we wrote letters, too!

kacey is the best. and so are you.

Kristin said...

That's awesome. good for you.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

that rocks my face off! good job girlie!

Jen said...

Thank you for telling me about it. This is a great project.

Susie said...

Happy Valentine's Day.

Anonymous said...

happy loving day...

Anonymous said...

That is so very sweet!

The Shillingburg's said...

About a month ago you mentioned that you used a cybershot on the pics at DL. I have a cybershot and my pictures look NOTHING like yours. It's 7.2 megapixels. Sorry to be bothering you about this, but I am trying to figure out what kind of camera to get and I'm not really ready to invest $600 on a Canon.

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing.

Coachdad said...

Hope you had a great V Day with your family!

Mammatalk said...

What a wonderful idea. And just in time for the holiday of love. :-)

Mozi Esme said...

the strawberry story sounds like a great idea!

ChefDruck said...

This is a great idea. I'm off to look.

Lula! said...

Going to check it out now...

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

That is very, very cool! I am off to check it out now. :)

Honey Mommy said...

Look at your sweet kids!

Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

Margaret said...

That is so very sweet. I am heading over to her site now.

Kally said...

What a great idea. Heading over to check it out.

Cecilia said...

What a great way to help! I love this idea! I'm heading over to send her some love!

Michelle said...

What a sweet project.

Live.Love.Eat said...

So cool Angie!!!!! Big hearts you have!