Sunday, January 20, 2008

We're back!


From a mini vacation in Utah with Grace, Emma and John for my dads wedding. With no camera though, many memories are going to have to stay tucked away in my little brain.

I'll remember:
*Seeing my dad's eyes water when his bride walked down the isle and she smiled at him. So touching.
*meeting my nephew and brother-in-law for the first time.
*watching my girls stick out their tongues to catch snow flakes and make snow angels.
*visiting with tons of relatives that I haven't seen in years. Amazing people.
*visiting my mom and uncle John's grave with the kids
*seeing John ride a sheep and wrap everyone around his little finger.
*spending time with my grandparents and hearing more about their childhood.
*enjoying my children play with cousins and new friends
*lunch with Matt and Dee and 4 wheeler fun.
*meeting Laura. Please visit her blog for more on our rendezvous. Pictures are posted too!

Here's my plea to relatives that read my blog. Send pictures of this weekend. Please.

15 comments:

Casey's trio said...

Missed you! It's so great that you and Laura were able to meet in person...sounds like you've know each other for awhile. Prior to the Mo-Mo connection? Slightly jealous that 2 of my blogger friends met and I wasn't able to join in on the fun:)

AutoSysGene said...

Glad you had a nice vacation. I hope the pictures pour in!

Shannon said...

Sounds wonderful! The photos from your meeting with Laura are priceless. It seems like two worlds colliding when I see all of your kids together - totally awesome!

Debra said...

How FUN!!! Congrats to your dad and his new bride.

I bet you had a BLAST meeting Laura!!

So how did you decide which kids to take? And which to leave behind? I have wanted to take some kids to my mom's but cannot figure out which to leave behind with Michael.

Claremont First Ward said...

Here's how I chose......Garrett is a daddy's boy and didn't particularly want to go, so he was easy. I wasn't going to take both babies, so I picked John because he is better with strangers, and Jacob seems to get "sicker" if he gets sick than John. Plus, I play favorites. Totally joking there, though! :)

Nancy said...

Sometimes I feel like the words are more meaningful. I am so glad you posted even without pictures. Congrats to your Dad.

Nancy said...

I also wanted to mention that I will be in Portland the end of this month visiting my Mom. I will only be traveling with the baby.

Laura said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! It was so great to see you. Congrats to you Dad.

Laurie said...

I was wondering where you were. No blogs lately! I know, I know, who am I to talk:) I am glad you had a good trip and are back to tell us about it.

Cecily R said...

I'm glad everything went so well! Sounds like you all had a great time.

Shari said...

Maybe since you listed the experiences in this post, you'll be able to remember the mental pictures better. We're going on a mini trip in 3 days. I'll have to remember to take my camera.

Laura said...

I just love the MC D's background and lighting. Emma did a good job. I really enjoyed talking to her, she is so sweet and quiet. All of your kids were. I just wish I had forced John to come close to me and give me some luv. I did not want to overwhelm him.

My name is Tammie said...

Missed you! Glad you guys had a ton of fun. Cant wait to see more pictures. That one of you is so pretty! I loooove your hair color. Gorgeous.

Laurie said...

Sounds like a great trip! So jealous the the two of you met up. You are both beautiful!

Kristin said...

So sad I missed you. Mom said there were tons of family members there, bet it was a great re-union.