Friday, January 04, 2008

Tag, I'm it....5 categories of places I'd love to visit....

I've been tagged a few times this week, and for lack of time to do all of them will probably only get to play along with one. We'll see. Tammie at The Halcomb Hellions tagged me with this one:

The Rules (I've taken the liberty of modifying this somewhat):Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. orShare 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

There are WAY more than 5 places I'd like to see for the first time and in some cases, again. So, here's my list of places in 5 categories. Thanks to Smithsonian magazine for their compilation of must see's.

When timing could be everything:
1. Machu Picchu, in the Urubamba Valley of Peru is supposed to be best viewed with the rising sun.
2. Aurora Borealis, commonly called the Northern Lights are part of my favorite memories of living in Alaska. I remember my dad waking me up and taking me outside in the middle of the night just so I wouldn't miss the wonder in the sky. FYI: The best times to see the aurora are around the fall and spring equinoxes.

Deteriorating or threatened:
1. Venice: I'd love to visit Venice again with my hubby and enjoy a romantic cruise in a gondola. I'd also prefer to go this time when it's not so hot I can hardly stand it.
2. Galapagos Islands: who wouldn't want to visit the "world's most biologically intact tropical archipelago?"

Engineering Wonders (I don't think these need elaboration)
1. Pyramids of Giza
2. Statues at Easter Island
3. Great Wall of China

Time Capsules
1. Pompeii. Missed it on my tour of Italy, and still disappointed about it.
2. Mesa Verde: Right here in the US, this would be a wonderful vacation....it would force me to get some exercise, and, I love Native American artifacts.

Museums
The Louvre: this time I'd prefer not to fall down the stairs, and I'd like to spend a lot more quality time there than I did.

There are so many wonderful museums in the world.....I'd love to visit so many. For repeat visits, and for the first time. Just wait until my kids are old enough to be manageable at them.....I hope they like art and history or it just could be the greatest form of torture around.

I'm tagging mostly family: Stacey, Kristin, Brooke, Melissa and Jeremiah/Tamara.

14 comments:

Tamara said...

Wow! I had no idea you had done so much traveling. I'm impressed. I'm afraid my list will just have to consist of places I wish to visit. Someday I'll get all that traveling in!

Sarah said...

Angie, love your places to visit list. If only time and money were never an issue :) I am dying to go and see Machu Picchu...some day!

Laura said...

I love that you dream big! You and I could have a fab trip together!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

When I went to the Louvre, it was CLOSED! I don't remember why it was closed, but we left the next day so I never got to see anything. I was SO bummed! So, I'd like to go again and actually get to go INSIDE!

jeremiahrjones said...

Come on, soldier!

FIVE places. Just five.

What kind of outfit are you running here?

(Oh, and the white type doesn't show up too well.)

Hope you're escaping some of this storm I've been hearing about.

Claremont First Ward said...

And here I thought I was being clever by posting categories so I could fit more in. I've got to figure out why some of my titles come up white, while some are black. They should all be black.

Robin said...

A great list - I've been to 4 (Venice, the Louvre, Mesa Verde and the Pyramids at Giza) but the rest are high on my own "someday" list.

Crazymamaof6 said...

holy cow fabulous vacations! places to visit! so cool really! i am so not a traveler but the places you list are so tempting. now if only i had the moolah to go!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Oh I think I would like to visit all of those places too. My parents worked at Mesa Verde, they LOVED it.

Anonymous said...

Even with my travel benefits, I'm not sure I'll ever get a chance to visit all those places. I hope you make it to most of them!

BTW, thanks for stopping by!

Kailani
An Island Life

Kristin said...

yeah, ditto. All of yours, Brookes, Leslies, and Most of Melissa's. I just really want to be a world traveler some day. Minus the traveling. I get motion sickness too easily. Maybe in the future when they invent the 'beam me up scotty' thingy.

Clark Captions said...

Mesa Verge is amazing! I love all of your travel pics! I hope that you will be able to tour them all some day! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

t's such a great site. fabulous, quite interesting!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://seocat.pl/zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,8018/]opony[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!