The Rules (I've taken the liberty of modifying this somewhat):Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. orShare 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old.Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.
There are WAY more than 5 places I'd like to see for the first time and in some cases, again. So, here's my list of places in 5 categories. Thanks to Smithsonian magazine for their compilation of must see's.
When timing could be everything:
1. Machu Picchu, in the Urubamba Valley of Peru is supposed to be best viewed with the rising sun.
2. Aurora Borealis, commonly called the Northern Lights are part of my favorite memories of living in Alaska. I remember my dad waking me up and taking me outside in the middle of the night just so I wouldn't miss the wonder in the sky. FYI: The best times to see the aurora are around the fall and spring equinoxes.
Deteriorating or threatened:
1. Venice: I'd love to visit Venice again with my hubby and enjoy a romantic cruise in a gondola. I'd also prefer to go this time when it's not so hot I can hardly stand it.
2. Galapagos Islands: who wouldn't want to visit the "world's most biologically intact tropical archipelago?"
Engineering Wonders (I don't think these need elaboration)
1. Pyramids of Giza
2. Statues at Easter Island
3. Great Wall of China
1. Pompeii. Missed it on my tour of Italy, and still disappointed about it.
2. Mesa Verde: Right here in the US, this would be a wonderful vacation....it would force me to get some exercise, and, I love Native American artifacts.
The Louvre: this time I'd prefer not to fall down the stairs, and I'd like to spend a lot more quality time there than I did.
There are so many wonderful museums in the world.....I'd love to visit so many. For repeat visits, and for the first time. Just wait until my kids are old enough to be manageable at them.....I hope they like art and history or it just could be the greatest form of torture around.
I'm tagging mostly family: Stacey, Kristin, Brooke, Melissa and Jeremiah/Tamara.