Sunday, August 19, 2007

She rocks

I just obtained these photos and had to share them. My older blog friends will recall me talking about my maternal grandma before, but I haven't shared this. She rocks! These are pictures of my grandma now. These were used for publicity when she competed in the Ms. Utah Senior pageant this year. Mother of 5, grandmother to 13, and great-grandmother to 17 (Jeff and I have produced almost 1/3 of her great grand kids! Yikes).
This is my grandma in 1977 when she was crowned queen of the Mrs. Utah pageant. To give you a little perspective, at the time she had 5 children and 5 grandchildren.
And did I mention that she earned the "Utah's Business Woman of the Year" in 2005 and "Top 16 women of the Year" in 2004?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Um, are you kidding me? She totally does rock! I want her to be my grandma to. Do you think she'll take me?

Laura said...

WOW what a great woman. I knew you came from good stock!

Casey's trio said...

Your grandma is a beautiful woman! I can see the resemblance in the pictures:)

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

wow, i agree as well, your grandma rocks...lol. i can't beleive the pics, she looks like she is 50 at the most!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Good Lord, your grandma makes me feel like a loser. LOL!

Kristin said...

So has she won all the titles UT has to offer now, from child to senior?

Mark and Kiss said...

Too cool!

hi my name is mommy said...

Wow! You have some good genes working for ya!