Monday, August 06, 2007

another of my favorite things.....

Recently a fellow blogger posted pictures of neat rings designed for parents of super twins (as in more than 2). It reminded me of a gift given that I will always hold dear. Not because of it's monetary value, but for what it represents. I was about 8 weeks into my hospital stay and feeling anxious and tired and disconnected with the world and my children when Jeff walked into my room one evening and gave me this ring. It contains 5 stones. One for each of our children. At the time I still didn't feel confident that the twins would make it despite the intensive monitoring, so it was a super poignant moment. I never take it off. Ever. Well except when I had surgery. My husband is pretty spectacular.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing your ring and the story behind it! It really is sweet, I know what a light it must have been to you in a very dark,stressful time!

Kernal Ken said...

What a beautiful family you have. I came to your site via the Wilkinsonquints Blog. Jayson W is my nephew. Anyway I've read a few of your entries on you blog and believe you are a pretty great mom with a sense of humor. Children help adults to finally grow up, they are so amazing especially if you take the time to really enjoy them. I think you do just that. The ring to me represents eternity and that's what families are, eternal. Continued joy and happiness to you as you raise your lovely family.

Kristin said...

Beautiful.

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

that was very sweet of your hubby, and what a beautiful ring. of course, i think the meaning of the ring is what makes the ring the most beautiful!!! i love it!

Brooke said...

I showed Bjorn the page in the book that said you should show up to the hospital with more than flowers for your wife after child birth. She deserves more than that and jewelry will always fit even after pregnancy. I hope he got it!

Casey's trio said...

What a precious gift.

hi my name is mommy said...

What a thoughtful and sweet thing to give you. Beautiful ring, beautiful meaning♥

Debra said...

What a beautiful ring!!! You are lukcy to have such a thoughtful spouse.

Shannon said...

So precious and beautiful! A treasure for sure!