Monday, December 15, 2008

Graceling, Twisted Silver Winner, Mission Monday


Have any of you read Graceling by Kristin Cashore? No? Then go. Buy it. Or borrow it from your local library. And tell me what you think. Because if you are like me, you are going to be absolutely entranced with this debut novel. With wonderfully elegant, readable prose, strong characters and a great plot, I'm devouring every page... Excuse me while I neglect life finish the last chapter.


Oops, in my haste, I almost forgot. We have a winner!


Congratulations to Jennifer from Rundpinne (your 7 entries paid off) for winning the shower earrings graciously donated by Twisted Silver. You won! Now, let's talk about those earrings......when would be a convenient time to borrow them? :)


Even if you aren't the winner, don't forget to add the pieces you covet to your holiday list! :)


MissionMonday

Are you playing along? 'Cuz the stakes just got higher. The grand prize, year end drawing is drawing near, and if you are smart you'll want to be included. Look what I want to win:

*a $100 Ruth's Chris Gift Card
*an MP3 Player
*$30 in Itunes Credits
*and MORE!!!
For your chance to be an agent, head over to Deb at Dirty Socks and Pizza and Jay at Halftime Lessons.
Photobucket

27 comments:

Laura said...

AS you know, my sister loved this book too. I think she was the one recommending it. I need to get reading it.I had to return it to the library before I finished it. Terrible huh?

Mammatalk said...

Thanks for the book recommend. I am a bookworm and always love to hear about new books.

AutoSysGene said...

Looks like I'll have to add this one to my library list.! Thanks!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I'll be adding that one to my must read list.

Congrats on the win Jennifer!

Jennifer said...

Yippee I won, I won, I won!! You may wear them when ever you like, but you need to move a few states to the east. ;)


Thank you for feeding my book addiction. Now I will need to pick up yet another book. At least I can blame this purchase on you.

Erin said...

I am in need of a new book, will have to go get it!

Anonymous said...

I'm a HUGE reader. I hadn't heard of this one though. Thanks for sharing. My TBR list grows all the time.

And, I'm playing Mission Monday too. I like that game!

Aubrey said...

I was looking for a new book to read now that I have finished Twilight! Thanks for the recommendation!
Congrats to the winner! The earrings are great!

Casey's trio said...

aaaaaaahhhhh another book to add to my list! Love it:) I just started "Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett and I REALLY like it so far. I was going to email you and Laura to tell you how much I like it and that I think you both would like it too.

Ash said...

Consider it added to my list...because it wasn't long enough ;-)!

Thanks, Em

Honey Mommy said...

I will have to see if my library has that one... or maybe I can get it through Interlibrary Loan.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

yeah...i'm glad you got a winner that worked so diligently! how fun! is it wrong that i already did my WW post and scheduled it??

Sherri said...

I am off to enter!!!

Gunnisac Sandersons said...

Okay, i am going to get the book and read it. I'll keep you posted

Kristin said...

judging from the cover...cliche, I know, it looks like some kind of medieval fantasy? Yes?

Lula! said...

I need to know more about this book...please...

The Jensens said...

Thanks Angie!
xoxo

Jessica said...

Ah another book to get addicted too! I have a running list of ones I want to read, if only I could find some time!!

Jaysi said...

Is this the Angelina Jolie movie? The movie looks good, but maybe I should read the book first. I love a good book.

Unknown said...

awe. well i'm excited for jennifer...hope she enjoys those earrings! they were beautiful!

Jamie said...

Thanks for the heads up on a good book.

Kelly Deneen Raymond said...

Perfect timing! I need to recommend a book for our next book club meeting. :)

Jenners said...

I'm always looking for great books so I'll have to check this out. Any book that causes someone to neglect what they should be doing is worth a read!

Carrie and Jim said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I am always looking for a good read!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I'll have to look up more about this book if you love it that much.

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

after this post and casey's post, i now have 2 to add to my list!

Tabitha said...

Thank you for this book recommendation, Angie. I just finished it and loved it! I hope she writes a sequel or at least more books. What a fun read! I just came off my Twilight binge read (all four books in two weeks) so it was nice to find a book right off the bat that got me out of that world and into a fun new one!