Saturday, August 02, 2008

Pop'rs

The kids just became official product testers, and they couldn't be happier. My kids really eat to live. Unless the article to be consumed has an enormous sugar content, they usually don't get very excited about it. Don't get me wrong. They are good eaters, but if they are not hungry, they won't eat, just to eat. Even if it is delicious.
So, I really wanted to try out Pop'rs. They are a new product that can only be purchased on line (www.poprs.com) and have gotten the nod from the likes of Rachel Ray. They sounded intriguing to me, so I felt especially lucky to win every flavor in a giveaway.
Basically, Pop'rs are like Pop Rocks in different flavors, but with vitamins. So, not only do they add flavor, they provide music in your mouth. Literally. They pop in your mouth (and in the sink if there are any remaining on the plate) and the effect is really quite enjoyable.
So far, we've added the berry flavor to a peanut butter sandwich, and the butter flavor to a grilled (with no butter on purpose) cheese and turkey sandwich, and I have big plans for dinner tonight.
Taco and butter flavor on corn on the cob, and cinnamon on homemade applesauces for dessert. My kids won't eat cottage cheese, but I'm going to try a raspberry on that too.
It seems that the possibilities are limitless, and I know we'll enjoy a little magic in our eating in the future.

And, just in case anyone is wondering if I went commercial on you, let me reassure you that I rarely, rarely do product reviews. This is my way of saying thanks to Pop'rs and Veggie mom at Eat Your Veggies for my free gift.



Photobucket

15 comments:

Rhonda said...

Okay, YAY! I'm first! I'm also, apparently, a bit of a loser. lol

Those sound very cool. I am a little weirded out thinking of eating taco flavoured pop rocks.

Keep sharing those pop-rock recipes though!

Sherri said...

I like these too!! I won 2 flavors from VeggieMom and then I should be getting in the mail all of the flavors from Smoochiefrog. My daughter likes how they make her food "sing"

carrhop said...

Just found your blog and am enjoying your posts!
Blessings!

oh--and I LOVE your template design--so hip!

Anonymous said...

hhmm.. We won some too! I haven't had a chance to serve them but opened each one for a taste test and I can see how they really are a good idea!
I think they will be a success here as well.

Munchkins and Music said...

Never heard of these. They sound like a good idea for my picky eaters. :)

Brooke said...

I don't know about these. They sound a little to weird for my liking. Maybe when I'm trying to get kids to eat they will be a blessing...

Anonymous said...

GO for it ladies - mine are too old for gimics, and so now I just run a short order kitchen - and no amount of Pop'rs can change that fact.

sassy stephanie said...

Hmm. I have never heard to these. My kids love pop rocks though. So does butter truly taste like butter, raspberry like raspberry, etc?

Aunt Julie said...

Angie: Imagine Uncle Lynn and Aunt Julie's delight when they saw your post! Glad you're enjoying the Pop'rs. Would love to hear more about the foods you serve with them!

Gunnisac Sandersons said...

hummmm, I am going to have to try this out.

KatBouska said...

Like candy in a meal?? Could I poor some on their vegetables?? I'm in.

Casey's trio said...

Sounds like an interesting product! Let's see a video of the kids trying it out:)

Melissa said...

Good to know.

Laura said...

Very interesting! How do you win so much? I have won only one contest and it was because of you I won. Ha ha.

Helene said...

Hmmmmm, they sound interesting but I think my kid would freak out over things popping in their mouths! LOL!