I knew I had been inpatient WAY too long when...
1. I knew the housekeeper by name, she knew mine, but most importantly, she knew the boys names.
2. I had had EVERY nurse in the department at least 2-3 times.
3. The day the cafeteria forgot my yogurt I was MAD. The day they forgot to send my breakfast,I cried. The day the cafeteria forgot to send my breakfast AND lunch I was ready to go home.
4. I was better at putting the babies on the monitors than most of the nurses.
5. Taking a shower was THE highlight of my morning and the day a nurse didn't change my sheets while I showered was the day I almost lost it.
6. The nurses knew my babies by name, rather than baby A or B.
7. I had a schedule that I strictly adhered to. When things didn't go as planned I had to remind myself it was OK.
8. When my son cried when it was time to go. I thought he was finally showing that he missed me. Then I realized he was crying because he wanted to take home a stuffed bear.